Accepting fiber orders!
We are currently accepting processing orders for a wide variety of various fibers. We offer washing, picking, carding for roving and batting, Pelletized Wool Fertilizer, pin drafting, blending, spinning, needle felting, core spun rug yarn, and custom dyeing. For more information, check out our blog for details. If you have fiber that needs processed...we are happy to help you out! Our current Turn Around time for "carding only" orders (Roving, felt, corespun) is within several weeks. Our yarn turnaround time is approx. 7-8 months. This is an estimated time frame and that could vary slightly. For information on our pricing or if you have questions about our fiber mill, feel free to contact us at either email@example.com or (717) 599-7665.
Suggestions & Policies...
- All prices can be subject to change without notice
- Please call or email for scheduling drop-off's or pick-ups
- Processing charges are based on incoming weight with the exception of spinning, felt, & corespun which will be charged on outgoing weight
- Minimum processing weight for spinning is 4 pounds - however, if you already wash your fiber, there is a 6 pound minimum. If you fiber does not meet the minimum, you will be billed at the minimum fee. The reason for that is the time involved to clean off the fibers from the carder to prepare it for your fiber and then clean again to prepare for the next job. We love our customers and what we do, but it is hard work and we need to cover our time and costs so that we can continue to work hard for you.
- There are fibers, due to fiber quality, we recommend adding 10% - 30% of merino top wool including mohair, short alpaca, Gotland, and longwools less than 4” in length. We require a minimum of 30% merino or other fine wool to suri alpaca. We usually add a higher percentage to Angora rabbit fiber. Adding just a small percentage of merino top (or other suggested fibers) to some fibers will yield you the greatest return with minimal loss due to fibers not holding together, dependent on the quality. It will also provide memory to your finished product.
- Before sending your fiber, please save yourself some time and money by skirting it. Take out what you don’t want to pay to ship or to pay us to take out. We do skirt each fleece to an extent, but if we have to skirt your fleece for an extended time, there will be additional skirting charges. Additional skirting fee will be billed at a rate of $4.00 / pound. The nicer the fiber comes in, the nicer your end product will be.
- If fiber is too vegetated, as pictured below, it can either be used for pelletizing, or will be refused for processing. Refused fiber will be sent back to the customer at the customer's expense. If the customer does not want to have the fiber sent back, we will dispose of it for a small disposal fee.
- If you prewash your fibers, but they require additional washing, there will be a washing charge. Please don’t use conditioner, fabric softeners, & oils or we will have to rewash the fiber.
- Any fiber with any signs of wool moths or something of the sort has the right to be removed from the premises and burned as it can be very damaging to a fiber processing mill.
- While we always do our best to process fibers into what a customer requests, sometimes, the fiber just doesn't cooperate. Your fiber will be returned to you in the form that creates the best product for you. If we're unable to make it a nice yarn, it will be returned in roving form. This doesn't happen often, but on occasion, some fibers just won't spin up to our standard. We want to be happy with the products we send out, but we also want you to be happy with the product being returned to you as well.
- Once your order is completed, we will send you an online invoice via the square where payment can be made directly online.
- Please be prompt in picking up your fiber and making payment arrangements. Any balances over 30 days will be charged a finance fee. We will make every effort to process your fiber in the time-frame we suggest, so please help us out by picking up and paying for your fiber in a timely manner.
- If your invoice is not paid within 30 days of us contacting you, we will be forced to make other arrangements with your product including selling it to cover our processing costs. You will not be refunded for the price of your fiber as you are still responsible for paying the cost of the processing if payment arrangements are not made.
Now Offering Wool Pellets!
Below are a few picture of our fun in the mill with some friends and family!