Accepting fiber orders!
We are currently accepting processing orders for a wide variety of various fibers. We offer washing, picking, carding for roving and batting, pin drafting, blending, spinning, wet felting, core spun yarn, and custom dyeing. For more information, check out our blog for details. If you have fiber that needs processed...we are happy to help you out! Current Turn Around time is about 14-16 weeks. This is an estimated time frame and that could vary slightly. For information on our pricing or if you have questions about our fiber mill, feel free to contact us at either email@example.com or (717) 599-7665.
Suggestions & Policies...
- All prices are subject to change without notice
- Please call or email for scheduling drop-off's or pick-ups
- Processing charges are based on incoming weight with the exception of spinning and corespun which will be charged on outgoing weight
- Minimum processing weight for spinning is 3 pounds - however, if you already wash your fiber,there is a 6 pound minimum. You can send less than that, but it will be billed at the 6 pound minimum fee. The reason for that is the time involved to clean off the fibers from the carder to prepare it for your fiber and then clean again to prepare for the next job. We love our customers and what we do, but it is hard work and we need to cover our time and costs so that we can continue to work hard for you.
- There are fibers we recommend adding 15% - 20% of merino top wool including suri, mohair, short alpaca, and longwools less than 4” in length. We usually add a higher percentage to Angora rabbit wool. Adding just a small percentage of merino top (or other suggested fibers) to your fiber will yield you the greatest return with minimal loss due to fibers not holding together. It will also provide memory to your finished product.
- Before sending your fiber, please save yourself some time and money by skirting it. Take out what you don’t want to pay to ship or to pay us to take out. We will skirt for a bit while we wait for the batch before yours to be ready, but if we have to skirt your fleece for an extended time, there will be additional skirting charges. Additional skirting fee will be billed at a rate of $3.00 / pound.
- If you prewash your fibers, but they require additional washing, there will be a washing charge. Please don’t use conditioner, fabric softeners, or oils or we will have to rewash the fiber.
- Any fiber with any signs of wool moths or something of the sort has the right to be removed from the premises and burned as it can be very damaging to a fiber processing mill.
- While we always do our best to process fibers into what a customer requests, sometimes, the fiber just doesn't cooperate. Your fiber will be returned to you in the form that creates the best product for you. If we're unable to make it a nice yarn, it will be returned in roving form. This doesn't happen often, but on occasion, some fibers just won't spin up to our standard. We want to be happy with the products we send out, but we also want you to be happy with the product being returned to you as well.
- There will be a $35 processing fee for returned/bad checks!
- Please be prompt in picking up your fiber and making payment arrangements. Any balances over 30 days will be charged a finance fee. We will make every effort to process your fiber in the time-frame we suggest, so please help us out by picking up and paying for your fiber in a timely manner.
- If your invoice is not paid within 30 days of us contacting you, we will be forced to make other arrangements with your product including selling it to cover our processing costs. You will not be refunded for the price of your fiber as you are still responsible for paying the cost of the processing if payment arrangements are not made.
Below are a few picture of our fun in the mill with some friends and family!